Hot Chocolate

Mug

I can't take any credit for this recipe. It is Alton Brown's from the Food Network, but it passed my taste test and I thought I would share (with my own little tweaks, of course). I wanted a good mix to keep on hand at work as an alternate to our company sludge errr coffee. It's pretty tasty mixed with hot water and I imagine it would be downright indulgent with hot milk.

I cut the recipe in half so that it would fit in a medium size tupperware for work.

   1 cup powdered sugar
   1/2 cup cocoa (Hershey's Special Dark)
   1 1/4 cups powdered milk
   1/2 teaspoon salt
   1 tiny pinch cayenne pepper
   1 pinch cinnamon

Mix everything very well. It can be stored indefinitely in an airtight container.  I used 4 heaping spoonfuls for one standard coffee cup.  To jazz up a cup of sludge, (oops!) mix in 2 teaspoonfuls and enjoy!

Comments

Popular Posts