Friday, June 13, 2008

Holy Moly

So all of you kind people have decided to completely prove me wrong about what I thought was going to be a long, hard and awkward journey of fundraising. When I started my marathon training in February, I was convinced that the easiest part would be the running. A $3500 goal that was set by the Lance Armstrong Foundation seemed so large and looming, but I figured that if there was anything worth doing it was definitely this, so I committed wholeheartedly.

Here we are in the beginning of June, roughly at the half-way mark to 26.2 day. When I tallied up the dollar signs, we are definitely beyond the half-way mark for donations. In fact we are just about to make the goal and with many weeks ahead of me I hope to surpass it! Every dollar raised is one more dollar towards cancer research, or perhaps one more dollar toward helping to ease a cancer patient's pain. I'm greedy for more - more donations mean less suffering and I am completely on-board with that idea!

94%

I want to take this time to say thank you yet again, and that I truly get all mushy and weepy when I see how generous all of you are. We can't solve the world's problems in a day, but by being such caring humans I like to think that this world is a little better off for it. Thank You for being you!

For those of you who haven't donated yet, relax! I am by no means trying to guilt you into anything, but whenever we meet I get frantic expressions of "Soon! We really mean to get you that donation...!" You guys still have plenty of time and I can accept donations all the way up to the race day in October. And to those that have donated help me spread the word!

Happy Running, everyone!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you are aMAZing!! Amazing--- I am so inspired by you.

~bluepoppy

Ambrewskins said...

Funny, because I always thought the same about you! Thanks for the encouragement :)