Getting Down to Business

After a good week of diving through articles and digging through the trenches of the web, I think I have come up with a pretty good marathon training plan. Yesterday, I laid it all out and printed it up on a nice, concise calendar. One for home and one for the office so I can't possibly go a day without having a reminder of the commitment I have made.

Seeing the numbers neatly lined up is all at once horrifying and reassuring. Thirty-four weeks looks like flash of time stacked up in neat rows. But the total miles of running seems so much more doable when you see that they slowly build over time. I have a feeling that my reaction to the calendar is going to reflect how I feel on race day. At first petrified, but then as I take each mile slow and steady confidence will build little by little to the finish line. Besides, I'll have the satisfaction of being well prepared with weeks of training. At least that's what I'm banking on!

And can I give a big WooHoo! for my first donation?! Yes, WooHoo! Dad and Joann have set the bar pretty high, and I must admit that it makes me want to get out there and get donations twice as hard now. (Yellow button over to the left - nudge, nudge)

Marathon Training Plan

Happy Weekend Everyone!

Comments

Popular Posts