Web Designer, I Am Not

I am a graphic designer/artsy fartsy type person. I can envision a beautiful streamline website, but when it comes down to the nuts and bolts of it I know just a fleck of what there is to know about coding. This is why fantasmo doesn't get facelifts near as often anymore. When I get bored with the scheme of this place I first have to boil up a fresh new idea for what I want. Most people would be satisfied with some new colors and graphics, but no not me. I have to try and see if I can do something new. I sit and stare at all of the coding gobbledy gook and begin to dabble. Soon thereafter my dabbling turns into the realization that I have just effed everything up and now I have the fun task of backstepping and putting everything back into order. Did my experimenting result in any new breakthroughs? No. They did not. And did I learn any lessons learned from this time around to prevent me from thinking I can do this website stuff again a few months down the road? No. No I did not.



Doodle 3, originally uploaded by Ambrewskins.

Soooo, because I'm stubborn I'm sure that I am quite doomed to many wasted hours in front of the screen whenever I feel like a little change. Fortunately, I am also lazy when it comes to actually making a change so I think I'm good for another few months. In the meantime, I can keep coming up with doodles that won't actually ever be used for anything. Like these.



Doodle 1, originally uploaded by Ambrewskins.

Rick seems to think that some of my better doodles could be used for tattoos, but that would mean that I would have to put forth an effort to get them seen and used. Besides, the real reason that I sit down in front of the t.v. with a pen and paper every night is to convince myself that I can in fact still draw something. I love digital graphics and this is why I love what I do for a living, but sometimes you just need to feel the paper. Consequently, I have a lot of scribbled crap laying around, but for me it is more about the action than the outcome.



Doodle 2, originally uploaded by Ambrewskins.

But for today, I thought I would share some of the snippets on my desk. I have a retro print dress that I have worn quite a few times this summer. I think it has influenced this set of images from the past month or so.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I LOOOOOOOOVVVVVVE the new banner!

You may not be a web designer but DAMN if you don't make a beautiful website! Truly. I LOVE it. You knocked it out of the park.

~bluepoppy
Amber said…
Wow, Thank You!

Popular Posts