This week, my dad's family in its giant entirety has descended upon the state of Mississippi.  All seven siblings and their families made the trip to the sticky south to celebrate one brother's retirement...from the Navy.  My uncle has for the majority of my life been a man in uniform, and it should be interesting to think of him as just a normal "civilian."  In fact, he won't even have to think in the black and white terms of the Navy anymore and he can just call himself a citizen of the U.S.   But I digress.

The real reason I write is to congratulate a man on a job well done.  The military career is not one I would ever choose for myself, but I can respect those that do.  Thanks for doing what so many of us are not so willing to.  Congratulations to the man who will always be known as Fink by his many, many family members.

Comments

Popular Posts